With products specifically designed to mask dirty hair—think dry shampoo and hair perfume—at our fingertips, not washing our hair has become super trendy. And while it’s okay to go a day or two without cleansing, skipping out on it altogether won’t exactly give us the healthy, beautiful hair we all lust after.
Many of us are guilty of stripping our strands of natural oils that help protect and nourish our hair. To avoid this, we suggests paying close attention to the scalp instead of the ends. Here are a few more things to consider when washing your hair.
1. Wash your hair often, but not too often
2. Use a shampoo that’s formulated with your hair type in mind
3. Rinse first you can try applying a hair rinse before shampooing. Hair rinses clarify the strands and scalp by removing excess oil, dirt, debris and product buildup.
4. Use half the amount you were taught to use
5. Don’t scrub
6. Use any leftover product on the rest of your hair
7. Follow up with a nourishing conditioner
8. Rinse with cold waterLast, but not least: rinse your conditioned strands in cold water. “The colder, the better! This will assure that your hair’s cuticle is closed, which will smooth your hair and provide an intense shine,